Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Social Bookmarking 2

Well, one of my previous posts is about social bookmarking and how I totally don't understand it. Good news: I do understand it now because I've started using it too and it really does help! I used to use Noodletools to kind of bookmark my pages but then I would have to do the long citing process and in some cases it would be totally useless and I would end up deleting that citation... was such a waste of time basically. I used to think that I didn't need to use any social bookmarking site because I can always find the page that I visited earlier by using the same keywords. Well, in some cases that is not easy or simply impossible when you have used a chain of websites to get to the page that you want. The easier to do it all is to bookmark it online, using del.icio.us or any other social bookmarking site. I personally use del.icio.us because I think it is really good and I like the fact that it is popular because there is a larger network and sometimes I find interesting pages that other people tagged...
So yea, I recommend all students and teachers as well to use online social bookmarking!

No comments: