Thursday, May 22, 2008

The End.

Yes, I am done with ITGS! and IB for that matter.
I am very excited, obviously, even though I know I am going to miss some of the things that I enjoyed in this class. I am surely going to miss seeing all my classmates and all the fun we had together, all the times we would find ourselves discussing (debating, fighting about) off-topic issues. I really enjoyed ITGS and I definitely don't regret having taken it.

About the exam:

I really didn't find the exam to be as shocking as the other exams I had taken but it wasn't too easy either. I think every ITGS student should study for the exam, especially paper 1, by studying terms and concepts that we use everyday because most of the terms that I was asked to define were things that I use every day but that I might find difficult to define using techy words... My advice would be to look through the glossary of Tomorrow's Technology.
Then look at past papers and markscheme just to have an idea of what is expected from you. What is the difference between "explain", "evaluate" and "discuss"? How much information you're expected to provide? The ITGS exam's challenge is not about thinking or remembering things that you've memorized, the challenge is being able to use your time well and answering the questions in the right format. So ask the teacher to do some practice and evaluate yourself.
Then, RELAX.
It's very important because if you panick you risk not being able to answer questions that you know well. Relax as you study, relax before the exam and relax as you're taking the exam. Even when you realize you don't have enough time left, don't panick because it doesn't help you.
This basically all I can say about the exam... any questions: leave a comment.

No comments: